Sunday, October 17, 2010

Antiquing





Some lovely lady friends and I embarked on a delightful day trip out into the countryside for some antiquing here. The drive was gorgeous. Wish I had taken some photos of the beautiful fall colours.

I didn't buy much, just that little wooden Czechoslovakian soldier on the left up there, which caught my eye right when I first walked in and after perusing the rest of the store I had to go back and get it. I should have maybe bought that tube of bricks. My grandparents had those bricks at their house, and when I was growing up we would often play with them, I am sure they belonged to my father and his siblings way back, but it's weird to see stuff at an antique store that was part of your history.

I also bought a hand-coloured engraving of a strange-looking bull. Even though our walls are currently covered in art and we have a back log of more stuff to put up, we'll be moving soon and there'll be fresh walls galore.

The market is in an old mill and is giant, I could spend even more hours in there than we did. We followed up our shopping with cider and fish and chips in a nearby pub. Quite a pleasant day (until hitting terrible traffic upon our return to the city, but I won't dwell on that)

No comments:

Post a Comment