Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Islanding



This past Friday night (date night!) L and I decided spontaneously to go to Toronto Island for a picnic. I packed a quick dinner and we rode our bikes down to the ferry terminal. After the short boat ride we rode our bikes around the island, stopping for a quick swim, and had a delightful picnic. We also rode our bikes on the paths that surround the houses on the island. The houses there are so magical, no roads, just a path, and cats everywhere. The houses are sweet little cottages, so beautiful. I would love to live there, although I am sure the winters would get dreary, and bringing groceries home would be a huge job. I bet, however, that the pluses outweigh the minuses.

It was such lovely evening and we talked of making it a summer Friday date night ritual. It's easy to forget how putting a little effort in to do something can be so rewarding. Geez, because I am working at home writing, I could go for days without leaving the house.... yikes.

I've been getting a lot of use out of my newly fixed-up $15 bike. I love it, and it's very fast. And it was fun to ride around the island without the threat of cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment